In this video we ponder which is the best response status code to use when redirecting your visitors to a new page based upon their IP location.
- The video is about choosing the appropriate response status code for redirecting traffic based on IP location in Joomla.
- The speaker mentions an extension by JDev that allows IP-based redirection and has been updated to include provinces or states.
- The speaker discusses the need to send the correct code to the visitor's browser for effective redirection.
- The video is sponsored by mysites.guru, offering Joomla site management tools and a free site audit.
- The speaker mentions a previous issue related to SEO and IP-based redirection.
- The JDev extension adds an "iplocation menu redirect" tab in Joomla's menu items for setting up redirection conditions based on location.
- The speaker explains the importance of choosing the right response code for redirecting, with a focus on not using permanent redirects (301).
- Various HTTP response codes are discussed, including 301 (Moved Permanently), 302 (Found), 303 (See Other), and 304 (Not Modified).
- The speaker considers using 302 for temporary redirection based on IP location.
- The speaker also mentions the need to avoid caching when selecting the response code for redirection.
- There is a brief discussion of using scripting for redirection purposes.
- The speaker seeks input from viewers for clarification on response codes and their use.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY! ► https://goo.gl/N6y5bH
Watch Me Work live streams ► • Find and Replace ...
Here are some of the links mentioned in this Live Stream - and some others:
Joomla Training Cohort ► https://cybersalt.com/jtc
mySites.guru ► https://mysites.guru
MigrateMe 4 ► https://www.php-web-design.
Stageit for Joomla ► • First Look at Sta...
Backing Up Your Joomla Site with Akeeba ► • How to Backup a J...
Better Frontend Link ► https://regularlabs.com/
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! ► @basicjoomla
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ► https://www.facebook.com/