- The video discusses a hack to fix an issue with a Joomla menu separator that appears as a broken link when clicked.
- Tim Davis, a Joomla enthusiast, presents the tutorial as part of Maintenance Monday #173 on the Basic Joomla Tutorials YouTube channel.
- The video is sponsored by mysites.guru, offering a free site audit and tools for Joomla site management.
- Tim explains a problem where a menu separator named "Connect" behaves like a broken link when clicked.
- To resolve the issue, he demonstrates how to change the link value of the separator to a hash (#) to prevent page refresh.
- Tim provides step-by-step instructions: accessing the back end, navigating to the main menu, selecting the separator, and modifying the link value.
- He mentions that the hash (#) character is usually inaccessible due to a protected field, but he shares a workaround using Chrome's element inspector.
- By making the field editable in the inspector and entering the hash, the problem is solved.
- Tim highlights that saving the menu item without the hash might cause the issue to reappear.
- He concludes by suggesting that this hack is useful for creating menu separators that respond to mouseover without triggering page refresh.
- Tim encourages viewers to subscribe to the channel for more tutorials and updates related to Joomla.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY! ► https://goo.gl/N6y5bH
Watch Me Work live streams ► • Find and Replace ...
Here are some of the links mentioned in this Live Stream - and some others:
Joomla Training Cohort ► https://cybersalt.com/jtc
mySites.guru ► https://mysites.guru
MigrateMe 4 ► https://www.php-web-design.
Stageit for Joomla ► • First Look at Sta...
Backing Up Your Joomla Site with Akeeba ► • How to Backup a J...
Better Frontend Link ► https://regularlabs.com/
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! ► @basicjoomla
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ► https://www.facebook.com/