- PHP 7.4 is reaching the end of life.
- The video demonstrates how to upgrade PHP to a higher version for a Joomla site.
- The speaker recommends using "mysites.guru" for managing Joomla sites.
- The PHP versions currently supported are PHP 7.4 and PHP 8/8.1.
- The video shows how to change the PHP version on a cPanel hosting account.
- Changing the PHP version may cause temporary issues but can be easily reverted.
- Upgrading to PHP 8 or 8.1 can offer new features and improved performance.
- The speaker experiences a 500 error when upgrading to PHP 8.1 for a Joomla 3 site.
- The recommendation is to stop using PHP 7.4 and upgrade to PHP 8.0 or try 8.1 for improved site performance.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY! ► https://goo.gl/N6y5bH
Watch Me Work live streams ► • Find and Replace ...
Here are some of the links mentioned in this Live Stream - and some others:
Joomla Training Cohort ► https://cybersalt.com/jtc
mySites.guru ► https://mysites.guru
MigrateMe 4 ► https://www.php-web-design.
Stageit for Joomla ► • First Look at Sta...
Backing Up Your Joomla Site with Akeeba ► • How to Backup a J...
Better Frontend Link ► https://regularlabs.com/
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! ► @basicjoomla
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ► https://www.facebook.com/