- The video is about setting up a cron job to clear expired cache records in JotCache for Joomla! websites.
- The speaker introduces themselves as Tim Davis, a Joomla! fan, and the video is part of "Maintenance Monday" on the Basic Joomla Tutorials channel.
- JotCache is a Joomla! cache component that creates cached versions of pages which expire over time.
- Accumulated expired cache records can increase the website's database size.
- The goal is to prevent the database from bloating by using a cron job to clean up expired cache records.
- The speaker demonstrates how to find and install the JotCache component via Joomla's extensions manager.
- There's a brief explanation of the convoluted process to find the appropriate version of JotCache from the developer's website.
- Steps to set up the cron job involve copying the "cron" folder from the JotCache installation and moving it outside the public access directory.
- The speaker shows how to edit the "cron.php" file within the copied folder to define the JPath base for the Joomla! site.
- The viewer is reminded to adjust the JPath base according to their hosting account's file structure.
- The process of naming the "cron" folder and adjusting the cron job command line is shown.
- A sample command line is provided for running the "cron.php" file using PHP's interpreter.
- The speaker demonstrates setting up a new cron job through cPanel's interface, scheduling it to run every quarter past the hour.
- The video concludes by explaining how the cron job will regularly run the "cron.php" file to clean up expired cache records and prevent bloat.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY! ► https://goo.gl/N6y5bH
Watch Me Work live streams ► • Find and Replace ...
Here are some of the links mentioned in this Live Stream - and some others:
Joomla Training Cohort ► https://cybersalt.com/jtc
mySites.guru ► https://mysites.guru
MigrateMe 4 ► https://www.php-web-design.
Stageit for Joomla ► • First Look at Sta...
Backing Up Your Joomla Site with Akeeba ► • How to Backup a J...
Better Frontend Link ► https://regularlabs.com/
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! ► @basicjoomla
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ► https://www.facebook.com/