- The speaker is Tim Davis, a Joomla enthusiast, presenting in "Maintenance Monday Live Stream #039."
- Last week's episode covered GDPR requirements; this week's plan changed due to Joomla's upcoming version 3.9 release.
- Tim shares his struggle with email deliverability, particularly with AOL and Yahoo addresses.
- He sends out newsletters to around 22,000 subscribers every Thursday and Sunday.
- The issue arises when recipients mark emails as spam instead of unsubscribing, causing IP throttling and delayed deliveries.
- Tim uses MX Toolbox to monitor his IP's blacklist status, ensuring legitimate email activity.
- He recommends signing up for AOL's Feedback Loop (FBL) to receive notifications about spam reports.
- FBL helps identify complaints from AOL and Yahoo users, allowing prompt removal from mailing lists.
- Tim demonstrates how to request FBL access through AOL's Postmaster portal.
- Unique IP addresses are suggested to prevent negative impacts on email deliverability.
- He advises checking new IPs for blacklist status to avoid potential problems.
- The speaker also emphasizes the importance of using a domain with control over abuse, postmaster, or domain-related email addresses for FBL setup.
- The talk includes practical tips for managing email deliverability issues and maintaining a healthy email list.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY! ► https://goo.gl/N6y5bH
Watch Me Work live streams ► • Find and Replace ...
Here are some of the links mentioned in this Live Stream - and some others:
Joomla Training Cohort ► https://cybersalt.com/jtc
mySites.guru ► https://mysites.guru
MigrateMe 4 ► https://www.php-web-design.
Stageit for Joomla ► • First Look at Sta...
Backing Up Your Joomla Site with Akeeba ► • How to Backup a J...
Better Frontend Link ► https://regularlabs.com/
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! ► @basicjoomla
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ► https://www.facebook.com/