- The video discusses rethinking hotlink protection for Joomla websites.
- The host, Tim Davis, celebrates his 54th birthday and mentions construction noise.
- Hotlink protection prevents direct image use from a website's hosting.
- It's applied through cPanel hosting or other control panels.
- Open Graph images may not show up with hotlink protection on.
- Open Graph images are important for social media sharing (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Hotlink protection prevents external websites from using your bandwidth.
- Complex process to allow specific sites access while blocking others.
- An example of modifying the .htaccess file to control access is given.
- Blocking specific sites can prevent bandwidth theft.
- .htaccess file editing should be done carefully to avoid errors.
- Fun prank involves renaming copied images/files to deter theft.
- Different approaches like CloudFlare's hotlink protection are mentioned.
- Experimenting with allowing specific social media sites is complex.
- Overcomplicated to account for all possible URL variations.
- Monitoring bandwidth theft through site statistics is suggested.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY! ► https://goo.gl/N6y5bH
Watch Me Work live streams ► • Find and Replace ...
Here are some of the links mentioned in this Live Stream - and some others:
Joomla Training Cohort ► https://cybersalt.com/jtc
mySites.guru ► https://mysites.guru
MigrateMe 4 ► https://www.php-web-design.
Stageit for Joomla ► • First Look at Sta...
Backing Up Your Joomla Site with Akeeba ► • How to Backup a J...
Better Frontend Link ► https://regularlabs.com/
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! ► @basicjoomla
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ► https://www.facebook.com/