- Video tutorial: Disabling the MIME-type Sniffing Feature of Web Browsers
- Presented by: Tim Davis
- Platform: Maintenance Monday Livestream #079 on YouTube
- Tutorial focused on Joomla site security
- Explains how to prevent browsers from sniffing for cross-script exploitation in images
- Tim Davis demonstrates the process on-screen
- Reminder to visit "basicjoomla.com/giveaways" for a contest
- Discussion about Joomla 3.9.3 update recommendation
- Introduces code addition to .htaccess and web.config.txt files
- Demonstrates how to locate and edit these files using cPanel's file manager
- Caution advised when editing .htaccess files due to potential server errors
- Code examples and explanation provided for adding to .htaccess and web.config files
- Explains how to add comments to .htaccess file
- Tips for managing files based on hosting setup (Windows vs. non-Windows servers)
- Concludes by discussing chat interaction, encouraging changes for Joomla sites older than 3.9.3
- Thanks viewers for support and introduces option to join a Zoom call for more discussion
- Mention of checking Twitter for shared links and information about Joomla security
- Links to resources on Joomla.com for further understanding of MIME sniffing and security measures
SUBSCRIBE TODAY! ► https://goo.gl/N6y5bH
Watch Me Work live streams ► • Find and Replace ...
Here are some of the links mentioned in this Live Stream - and some others:
Joomla Training Cohort ► https://cybersalt.com/jtc
mySites.guru ► https://mysites.guru
MigrateMe 4 ► https://www.php-web-design.
Stageit for Joomla ► • First Look at Sta...
Backing Up Your Joomla Site with Akeeba ► • How to Backup a J...
Better Frontend Link ► https://regularlabs.com/
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! ► @basicjoomla
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ► https://www.facebook.com/