After many years of using Joomla I realized one didn't always have to have some kind of an article on the home page of a website built in Joomla. Recently a viewer contacted me for help on how to accomplish this setup with an older template they were using, so in this episode we're going to look at exactly that.
- The video is about creating a Joomla home page using only modules, without articles.
- The presenter is Tim Davis, and the video is part of the "Watch Me Work" series.
- The video is sponsored by "mysites.guru," offering site audits and site management services.
- Tim discusses the issue of articles appearing on the home page and how to prevent it.
- He demonstrates how to set up a home page with only modules in Joomla.
- Tim shows the process in two different template systems, Asteroid and the default template (Protostar).
- In Asteroid, he removes the component area in the template to prevent component content from displaying on the home page.
- In the default template, he duplicates the template and assigns it only to the home page, then removes the component area in the duplicated template.
- He discusses the option of hiding featured articles with CSS but mentions potential issues.
- Tim shares a workaround for templates that don't allow easy removal of the component area.
- He emphasizes the importance of ensuring that featured articles are not accidentally displayed on the home page.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY! ► https://goo.gl/N6y5bH
Watch Me Work live streams ► • Find and Replace ...
Here are some of the links mentioned in this Live Stream - and some others:
Joomla Training Cohort ► https://cybersalt.com/jtc
mySites.guru ► https://mysites.guru
MigrateMe 4 ► https://www.php-web-design.
Stageit for Joomla ► • First Look at Sta...
Backing Up Your Joomla Site with Akeeba ► • How to Backup a J...
Better Frontend Link ► https://regularlabs.com/
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! ► @basicjoomla
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ► https://www.facebook.com/