- Introduction: Tim Davis presents a Joomla-related live stream.
- Plugin: There's a plugin called "autosave" available in the Joomla Extension Directory (JED).
- Autosave Function: Autosave plugin prevents losing progress due to session timeout while working on a Joomla article.
- Configuration: Plugin has settings for autosave frequency (e.g., every 10 seconds), Ctrl+S keystrokes, and author assignments.
- Autosave Period: Autosave interval should be shorter than Joomla session time (e.g., session time 15 minutes = 900 seconds).
- Usage Quirks: Autosave doesn't occur unless changes are made to the article. If autosave is set too frequently (e.g., 10 seconds), it quickly fills version history.
- Autosave Impact on Versions: Frequent autosaves create numerous versions in a short span.
- Managing Versions: Versions can be manually saved as permanent, but excessive versions might clutter the history.
- Long-Term Benefit: Autosave prevents losing progress even if a session times out, enhancing article creation experience.
Note: This summary captures the key points from the transcript, but some context and details might be omitted due to the nature of summarization.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY! ► https://goo.gl/N6y5bH
Watch Me Work live streams ► • Find and Replace ...
Here are some of the links mentioned in this Live Stream - and some others:
Joomla Training Cohort ► https://cybersalt.com/jtc
mySites.guru ► https://mysites.guru
MigrateMe 4 ► https://www.php-web-design.
Stageit for Joomla ► • First Look at Sta...
Backing Up Your Joomla Site with Akeeba ► • How to Backup a J...
Better Frontend Link ► https://regularlabs.com/
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! ► @basicjoomla
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ► https://www.facebook.com/