- The speaker encountered a weird problem with one of his websites.
- The website smartdrivetest.com was showing up as lefandacioninfantile.org in the address bar.
- The problem was caused by a previous domain owner using the same dedicated IP that the current website is using.
- The speaker considered changing IPs but wanted to keep the current dedicated IP for email purposes.
- The solution was to add a rewrite rule to the .htaccess file to redirect any calls to lefandacioninfantile.org to smartdrivetest.com.
- The speaker received help from a friend named Chad Madan to implement the rewrite rule.
- By using a 301 redirect, Google will recognize the change, and the backlinks from the old domain will be redirected to the correct website.
- The speaker shared the code for the rewrite rule in the video.
- He reminded the audience that .htaccess files can be used to control server behavior.
- The problem is unlikely to happen often, but it's a good reminder to be familiar with .htaccess files and seek help when needed.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY! ► https://goo.gl/N6y5bH
Watch Me Work live streams ► • Find and Replace ...
Here are some of the links mentioned in this Live Stream - and some others:
Joomla Training Cohort ► https://cybersalt.com/jtc
mySites.guru ► https://mysites.guru
MigrateMe 4 ► https://www.php-web-design.
Stageit for Joomla ► • First Look at Sta...
Backing Up Your Joomla Site with Akeeba ► • How to Backup a J...
Better Frontend Link ► https://regularlabs.com/
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! ► @basicjoomla
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ► https://www.facebook.com/