In this live stream I intentionally ignored all the best practices for how to update from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4 - and of course broke my site in the process. I did try to fix it afterwards, but after a couple of hours realized that what had broken was that not all of Joomla 4 had installed. It was a fun experiment that taught me a few things.
- Title: "(1) I Broke My Joomla Site Updating from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4! - 👀 Watch Me Work 131 - YouTube"
- Transcript highlights:
- The video is about updating a Joomla 3 site to Joomla 4 deliberately to break it and demonstrate how to fix it.
- The speaker mentions having a vacation when Joomla 4 was released.
- The speaker is using Akeeba Backup Pro to make backups of the site.
- They create a subdirectory for the test site and upload a backup of the Joomla 3 site to it.
- They use Kickstart to restore the site, but they mention the need to rename the Kickstart file.
- The video also briefly discusses handling extensions and components during the Joomla update process.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY! ► https://goo.gl/N6y5bH
Watch Me Work live streams ► • Find and Replace ...
Here are some of the links mentioned in this Live Stream - and some others:
Joomla Training Cohort ► https://cybersalt.com/jtc
mySites.guru ► https://mysites.guru
MigrateMe 4 ► https://www.php-web-design.
Stageit for Joomla ► • First Look at Sta...
Backing Up Your Joomla Site with Akeeba ► • How to Backup a J...
Better Frontend Link ► https://regularlabs.com/
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! ► @basicjoomla
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ► https://www.facebook.com/