Sure, here's a summarized version of the transcript:
- Video discusses "Hotlink Protection" for Joomla websites.
- Presenter: Tim Davis, addressing Joomla fans.
- "Maintenance Monday" episode #113 on the Basic Joomla Tutorials YouTube channel.
- Hotlink protection prevents others from directly using images hosted on your site.
- Hotlinked images consume your bandwidth without benefitting you.
- Protects against resource misuse, unauthorized linking, and bandwidth theft.
- Hotlink protection can be enabled in the hosting control panel, specifically cPanel.
- Access hotlink protection under security settings in cPanel.
- Configure allowed domains that can use your site's images.
- Specify blocked file extensions (e.g., jpg, jpeg, gif) to prevent hotlinking.
- Explanation of "allowed direct request" checkbox for specific use cases.
- Disabling hotlink protection allows images to be displayed on other sites.
- Demonstrates how to identify sites that are hotlinking to your images.
- Explains a method to use hotlinking for advertising advantage.
- Suggests renaming images or creating alternative content for those sites.
- Discusses instances where images were being hotlinked from forums.
- Points out the potential challenges of attracting unwanted attention.
- Offers insights into finding instances of hotlinking through website stats.
- Shows the steps to identify referring sites that are using your images.
- Offers an example of finding instances of image hotlinking.
- Presents a scenario where hotlinking can be turned into an advertising opportunity.
- Acknowledges potential concerns about attracting hacker attention.
- Highlights a case where an image was uploaded to another site's content delivery network.
- Video concludes with thanking viewers and encouraging subscriptions to the channel.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY! ► https://goo.gl/N6y5bH
Watch Me Work live streams ► • Find and Replace ...
Here are some of the links mentioned in this Live Stream - and some others:
Joomla Training Cohort ► https://cybersalt.com/jtc
mySites.guru ► https://mysites.guru
MigrateMe 4 ► https://www.php-web-design.
Stageit for Joomla ► • First Look at Sta...
Backing Up Your Joomla Site with Akeeba ► • How to Backup a J...
Better Frontend Link ► https://regularlabs.com/
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! ► @basicjoomla
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ► https://www.facebook.com/