- The video discusses the importance of using descriptive text when hot-linking in Joomla sites for better accessibility and search engine ranking.
- The speaker mentions "Maintenance Monday #217" on the "Basic Joomla Tutorials" YouTube channel.
- The speaker's name is Tim Davis, and he offers Joomla site management services.
- The speaker's favorite tool for managing Joomla sites is "mysites.guru," and viewers can get a free site audit using a coupon code "basicjoomla" for the first month free if they subscribe.
- The video demonstrates an example of a basic Joomla 4 page with a hot-linked word "link" and shows how it generates an alert in an accessibility checker.
- The speaker explains that using only one non-descriptive word as a link can create difficulties for people with disabilities or using accessibility tools to navigate the page.
- To address this, the speaker suggests breaking the link and using descriptive text like "use this link to go to our homepage for more info."
- The speaker also mentions that using descriptive text in hot links can improve search engine ranking, as search engines prefer meaningful link text.
- The speaker encourages viewers to use descriptive text in hot links to improve website accessibility and search engine optimization.
- Viewers are asked to like the video, subscribe to the channel, and ring the bell for notifications. The video concludes with the speaker saying "enjoy your Joomla sites and God bless."
SUBSCRIBE TODAY! ► https://goo.gl/N6y5bH
Watch Me Work live streams ► • Find and Replace ...
Here are some of the links mentioned in this Live Stream - and some others:
Joomla Training Cohort ► https://cybersalt.com/jtc
mySites.guru ► https://mysites.guru
MigrateMe 4 ► https://www.php-web-design.
Stageit for Joomla ► • First Look at Sta...
Backing Up Your Joomla Site with Akeeba ► • How to Backup a J...
Better Frontend Link ► https://regularlabs.com/
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! ► @basicjoomla
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ► https://www.facebook.com/