If you are asking for help with an error on your Joomla site, or trying to help yourself, here is a way to make sure you are getting the most helpful error messages.
- Topic: How to Get Better Error Messages in Joomla
- Presenter: Tim Davis
- Presented on "Maintenance Monday" episode 272 on the Basic Joomla Tutorials YouTube channel
- Sponsored by mysites.guru
- Tim Davis offers Joomla site maintenance and development services
- Aim of the video: To help Joomla users obtain more informative error messages when troubleshooting issues
- Key points covered:
- The importance of getting clear error messages for problem diagnosis
- How to enable error reporting and debugging in Joomla:
- Access the global configuration of your site.
- Under the server tab, set error reporting to maximum.
- Under the system tab, enable debugging.
- If you can't access the global configuration, manually edit the configuration.php file.
- Change the "debug" setting from false to true (or from 0 to 1).
- Change the "error reporting" setting to maximum.
- If errors still don't appear, check your web hosting control panel settings for PHP.
- Look for "display errors" and enable it.
- Obtaining error messages helps in troubleshooting and seeking assistance for Joomla site issues.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY! ► https://goo.gl/N6y5bH
Watch Me Work live streams ► • Find and Replace ...
Here are some of the links mentioned in this Live Stream - and some others:
Joomla Training Cohort ► https://cybersalt.com/jtc
mySites.guru ► https://mysites.guru
MigrateMe 4 ► https://www.php-web-design.
Stageit for Joomla ► • First Look at Sta...
Backing Up Your Joomla Site with Akeeba ► • How to Backup a J...
Better Frontend Link ► https://regularlabs.com/
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! ► @basicjoomla
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ► https://www.facebook.com/