Feb 21, 2023 Joomla Security
- The speaker provides advice for users of Joomla versions 4.2.7 or below.
- There is a security vulnerability in versions 4.2.7 and older, and users are advised to update to version 4.2.8 immediately.
- After updating, users are strongly advised to renew passwords for credentials stored in the global site configuration, including database, SMTP, redis, and HTTP proxy.
- The speaker demonstrates how to change the database and SMTP passwords through cPanel.
- He recommends having one unique email address for sending mail from the Joomla site to avoid changing passwords on multiple devices.
- The video tutorial covers how to update the SMTP password and provides step-by-step instructions.
- The speaker mentions mysites.guru as a sponsor and offers his services for Joomla-related work.
- The video is part of the "Maintenance Monday" series on the "Basic Joomla Tutorials" YouTube channel.
- The speaker expresses gratitude to a viewer named Allison for pointing out the missed instructions in a previous video.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY! ► https://goo.gl/N6y5bH
Watch Me Work live streams ► • Find and Replace ...
Here are some of the links mentioned in this Live Stream - and some others:
Joomla Training Cohort ► https://cybersalt.com/jtc
mySites.guru ► https://mysites.guru
MigrateMe 4 ► https://www.php-web-design.
Stageit for Joomla ► • First Look at Sta...
Backing Up Your Joomla Site with Akeeba ► • How to Backup a J...
Better Frontend Link ► https://regularlabs.com/
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! ► @basicjoomla
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ► https://www.facebook.com/