- The video discusses the Joomla 3.10 to Joomla 4 pre-update test tool.
- The speaker, Tim Davis, provides insights into migrating from Joomla 3.10 to Joomla 4.
- Migration is likened to replacing a car's engine, requiring compatibility checks and adjustments.
- The compatibility testing tool in Joomla 3.10 helps determine if extensions are compatible with Joomla 4.
- Steps for using the compatibility tool:
- Access Joomla Update in the backend.
- Change update channel to "Joomla Next" for Joomla 4 compatibility check.
- Pre-update check scans extensions for compatibility messages.
- Results of the pre-update check display compatibility information and potential upgrade issues.
- Examples of incompatible extensions (e.g., CG Isotope, Advanced Custom Fields, Jot Cache) are discussed.
- Suggestions for handling incompatible extensions:
- Check extension developer sites for updates or compatibility information.
- Unpublish or uninstall incompatible extensions.
- Pro tip: Before updating, make a backup and test the update on a separate site to ensure compatibility.
- Wait until all warnings on the live update screen are resolved before migrating to Joomla 4.
- The speaker offers guidance and advice for smooth migration and invites viewers to subscribe for more helpful tips.
- The video emphasizes thorough compatibility checks and testing to ensure a successful Joomla 3.10 to Joomla 4 migration.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY! ► https://goo.gl/N6y5bH
Watch Me Work live streams ► • Find and Replace ...
Here are some of the links mentioned in this Live Stream - and some others:
Joomla Training Cohort ► https://cybersalt.com/jtc
mySites.guru ► https://mysites.guru
MigrateMe 4 ► https://www.php-web-design.
Stageit for Joomla ► • First Look at Sta...
Backing Up Your Joomla Site with Akeeba ► • How to Backup a J...
Better Frontend Link ► https://regularlabs.com/
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! ► @basicjoomla
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ► https://www.facebook.com/