In this video I take a first look at the Redirects Plugin in Joomla 4. We also do a bit of chatting about redirecting urls in Joomla.
- The video is titled "First Look at the Redirects Plugin in Joomla 4 - 👀 Watch Me Work 139 - YouTube."
- Tim Davis discusses misinformation he spread on Facebook related to the Joomla Redirect Plugin.
- Tim mentions that he provides Joomla tutorials and is available for hire for Joomla site help.
- The video is sponsored by mysites.guru, offering a free site audit for Joomla sites.
- Tim demonstrates how the Joomla 4 Redirect Plugin works.
- The plugin collects 404 errors and allows users to create new URLs to redirect them.
- Tim explains that the plugin doesn't work for existing URLs or URLs managed by other extensions.
- He showcases the plugin's options, including bulk import and purging disabled entries.
- Tim discusses using HTTP status codes for redirects and mentions the 410 status code.
- Tim addresses reasons for encountering 404 errors, including outdated links, embedded images, old sitemaps, and search engine behavior.
- He mentions the possibility of old site maps causing 404 errors.
- Tim responds to viewer comments during the live stream.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY! ► https://goo.gl/N6y5bH
Watch Me Work live streams ► • Find and Replace ...
Here are some of the links mentioned in this Live Stream - and some others:
Joomla Training Cohort ► https://cybersalt.com/jtc
mySites.guru ► https://mysites.guru
MigrateMe 4 ► https://www.php-web-design.
Stageit for Joomla ► • First Look at Sta...
Backing Up Your Joomla Site with Akeeba ► • How to Backup a J...
Better Frontend Link ► https://regularlabs.com/
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! ► @basicjoomla
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ► https://www.facebook.com/