- Tutorial on how to fix Apple-Touch-Icon 404 errors for websites.
- Presented by Tim Davis on "Maintenance Monday" (MM #202) on YouTube.
- Sponsored by MySites.guru, offers tools and information for managing Joomla sites.
- Tim noticed 404 errors for Apple touch icons on a client's Joomla site.
- He used an SEO tool in the site's backend to identify the errors.
- Apple touch icons like "apple touch icon," "apple touch icon pre-composed," etc., were generating 404s.
- These icons are used to represent websites on Apple devices (e.g., Safari).
- 404 errors can harm SEO.
- Solution: Create and upload missing Apple touch icons.
- Used "iconifier.net," a free service by webalicious.com, to generate icons.
- Uploaded the icons to the website's root folder to fix the issue.
- Pro tip: Downloaded icons from iconifier.net, copied favicon.ico to active template folder in Joomla.
- Also mentioned fixing "apple touch icon pre-composed" issue by creating and uploading those icons.
- Encouraged viewers to subscribe, like, and follow for more Joomla-related tutorials.
- Video ends with a sign-off and music.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY! ► https://goo.gl/N6y5bH
Watch Me Work live streams ► • Find and Replace ...
Here are some of the links mentioned in this Live Stream - and some others:
Joomla Training Cohort ► https://cybersalt.com/jtc
mySites.guru ► https://mysites.guru
MigrateMe 4 ► https://www.php-web-design.
Stageit for Joomla ► • First Look at Sta...
Backing Up Your Joomla Site with Akeeba ► • How to Backup a J...
Better Frontend Link ► https://regularlabs.com/
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! ► @basicjoomla
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ► https://www.facebook.com/