- Joomla extension developers are releasing extensions for PHP 8.1.
- PHP 8.0 end of life is on November 26, 2023, with no security support afterward.
- Joomla 4 is recommended to run on PHP 8.0 but can run on PHP 7.2.5.
- Joomla 5 is coming out in October with no breaking changes for templates and extensions.
- Joomla 5 requires a minimum PHP version of 8.1.
- Components working in Joomla 4 will work in Joomla 5 if they support PHP 8.1.
- Joomla 3 sites can migrate to Joomla 4 with the same PHP version or higher than 7.2.
- Joomla 4 sites with extensions not compatible with PHP 8.1 need to stay on PHP 8.0 until extensions are updated.
- Joomla 4 sites can migrate to Joomla 5 if all extensions support PHP 8.1.
- PHP 8.1 offers performance improvements, asynchronous operations, and database enhancements.
- Joomla 5 will support MySQL 8.0.11, MariaDB 10.4, and PostgreSQL 12+.
- Extension developers prioritize security and income, so they focus on newer, supported PHP versions.
- Using outdated software for sites and extensions is not recommended for security reasons.
- Staying up-to-date with secure software allows for innovation and new extension development.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY! ► https://goo.gl/N6y5bH
Watch Me Work live streams ► • Find and Replace ...
Here are some of the links mentioned in this Live Stream - and some others:
Joomla Training Cohort ► https://cybersalt.com/jtc
mySites.guru ► https://mysites.guru
MigrateMe 4 ► https://www.php-web-design.
Stageit for Joomla ► • First Look at Sta...
Backing Up Your Joomla Site with Akeeba ► • How to Backup a J...
Better Frontend Link ► https://regularlabs.com/
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! ► @basicjoomla
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ► https://www.facebook.com/