- The video discusses how to set Joomla to not send plain text passwords via email when users register.
- The speaker, Tim Davis, hosts a Maintenance Monday livestream (#044).
- Tim thanks viewers for their support and participation, acknowledging some individuals from the chat.
- He mentions the release of Joomla 3.8.8 with default security setting changes.
- The topic focuses on not sending plain text passwords through email for security reasons.
- He refers to a previous Maintenance Monday (#021) from January 8, 2018, which discussed the same topic.
- Tim highlights the risk of passwords being visible and intercepted if sent as plain text.
- The demonstration involves accessing Joomla's backend, navigating to user options, and changing the "send password" setting to "no."
- Tim mentions other options like using password managers (LastPass) and discusses viewer suggestions from a previous chat.
- He introduces a tool on "myjoomla.com" to change this setting without logging into the site.
- The tool identifies the issue, fixes it, and confirms the change.
- Tim wraps up the tutorial, encourages subscribing, and teases an upcoming review of a contest extension for Joomla.
- He expresses gratitude for the audience's support and participation in the channel.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY! ► https://goo.gl/N6y5bH
Watch Me Work live streams ► • Find and Replace ...
Here are some of the links mentioned in this Live Stream - and some others:
Joomla Training Cohort ► https://cybersalt.com/jtc
mySites.guru ► https://mysites.guru
MigrateMe 4 ► https://www.php-web-design.
Stageit for Joomla ► • First Look at Sta...
Backing Up Your Joomla Site with Akeeba ► • How to Backup a J...
Better Frontend Link ► https://regularlabs.com/
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! ► @basicjoomla
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ► https://www.facebook.com/