- The speaker introduces a plugin for Joomla 4 that automatically checks in items.
- The plugin is designed to prevent articles from being locked by users who forget to close them properly, which can hinder others from accessing them.
- The plugin is available for download from GitHub under the name "task check-in."
- The process starts by installing the plugin in the Joomla backend through the Extensions Manager.
- To set up the plugin, the user goes to the Plugins section and publishes the "task check-in" plugin.
- The speaker demonstrates how to schedule the plugin to run at specific intervals using the "Schedule Tasks" feature in Joomla4.
- The user can choose the frequency of execution (minutes, hours, days, months) or use a cron expression.
- It's essential to set the schedule to run when no one is working on the site, as it will kick users out of their ongoing tasks.
- The speaker sets the plugin to run daily at midnight and mentions that you can also receive notifications about its successful execution.
- The plugin is tested using the "Run Test" feature, and it successfully checks in two items.
- The speaker emphasizes that this plugin can help maintain Joomla sites and prevent article lockouts.
- Please note that this summary may not cover every detail mentioned in the transcript but aims to capture the main points of the discussion.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY! ► https://goo.gl/N6y5bH
Watch Me Work live streams ► • Find and Replace ...
Here are some of the links mentioned in this Live Stream - and some others:
Joomla Training Cohort ► https://cybersalt.com/jtc
mySites.guru ► https://mysites.guru
MigrateMe 4 ► https://www.php-web-design.
Stageit for Joomla ► • First Look at Sta...
Backing Up Your Joomla Site with Akeeba ► • How to Backup a J...
Better Frontend Link ► https://regularlabs.com/
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! ► @basicjoomla
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ► https://www.facebook.com/