- Tutorial: "Wipe FTP Settings Clear in Joomla Configuration Set-Up"
- Presenter: Tim Davis
- Livestream: Maintenance Monday Live Stream #048 on YouTube
- Tim Davis presents tutorial on wiping FTP settings clear in Joomla configuration.
- Livestream issues occurred earlier but now rebroadcasted.
2. Importance of Clearing FTP Settings
- To prevent FTP information from being stored in configuration dot PHP file.
- FTP info is a security risk; hackers could gain access to hosting space and compromise site.
3. Origin of FTP Settings
- Added to allow Joomla to work on servers with improper setups.
- FTP layer enables functions like uploading pictures or installing extensions.
4. Process of Clearing FTP Settings
- Demonstrates process on cPanel using file manager.
- Locate configuration dot PHP file within Joomla installation folder.
- Inside the file, find and edit FTP-related settings.
- Settings include: public FTP host, FTP port, FTP user, FTP password, route, and enable.
- If settings are empty, there's no issue. If they exist, they're in the configuration file.
5. Wiping FTP Settings Manually
- Change FTP enable setting to 0 to disable FTP.
- If the site breaks, revert the setting to 1 to enable FTP again.
6. Using Joomla Tool to Clear FTP Settings
- Basic Joomla tutorials website provides tools.
- Tim Davis demonstrates using the "Investigate" tool to identify FTP configuration issues.
- Tool provides a live data check and offers the option to fix the issue.
7. Security Reminder
- Emphasizes the importance of securing websites.
- Compares security to airplane rivets – all should be in place.
- Expresses gratitude for viewers' support.
- Encourages subscriptions and notifications for future content.
- Signs off with a reminder to enjoy managing Joomla sites.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY! ► https://goo.gl/N6y5bH
Watch Me Work live streams ► • Find and Replace ...
Here are some of the links mentioned in this Live Stream - and some others:
Joomla Training Cohort ► https://cybersalt.com/jtc
mySites.guru ► https://mysites.guru
MigrateMe 4 ► https://www.php-web-design.
Stageit for Joomla ► • First Look at Sta...
Backing Up Your Joomla Site with Akeeba ► • How to Backup a J...
Better Frontend Link ► https://regularlabs.com/
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! ► @basicjoomla
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ► https://www.facebook.com/