- Video tutorial about hiding published menu items in Joomla.
- Host: Tim Davis.
- The livestream discusses hiding menu items in Joomla.
- Tim Davis emphasizes being a Joomla fan and recent livestream issues.
- Purpose: Demonstrating how to hide published menu items in Joomla.
- Mention of a giveaway contest for subscribing to the Basic Joomla newsletter.
- Last week's 100th maintenance Monday giveaway winner announced.
- Reasons for hiding menu items: providing specific links to certain users.
- Steps to hide menu items:
1. Access backend of Joomla site.
2. Navigate to Menus > Main Menu.
3. Create a new menu item (e.g., login).
4. Initially published item shows a login form.
5. To hide, edit the menu item, change "Display in Menu" to "No".
6. The URL still works but the item isn't displayed in menus.
7. Hidden items appear in the backend with a "hidden" label.
- Another use case: creating a menu link to a registration form.
- Steps to create and hide registration form link:
1. Create a new menu item (e.g., register).
2. Initially published item links to registration form.
3. Edit the menu item, change "Display in Menu" to "No".
- Mention of future tutorial about organizing hidden links.
- Winner of $100 Amazon gift card announced: Laura Brown.
- Request to subscribe to the channel for notifications.
- Conclusion and thanks for support.
Please note that this summary is concise and might not capture every detail from the transcript.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY! ► https://goo.gl/N6y5bH
Watch Me Work live streams ► • Find and Replace ...
Here are some of the links mentioned in this Live Stream - and some others:
Joomla Training Cohort ► https://cybersalt.com/jtc
mySites.guru ► https://mysites.guru
MigrateMe 4 ► https://www.php-web-design.
Stageit for Joomla ► • First Look at Sta...
Backing Up Your Joomla Site with Akeeba ► • How to Backup a J...
Better Frontend Link ► https://regularlabs.com/
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! ► @basicjoomla
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ► https://www.facebook.com/