Sure, here's a summarized version of the transcript:
- Video about controlling "robots.txt" file in Joomla.
- Hosted on the "Basic Joomla Tutorials" YouTube channel.
- Host: Tim Davis, a Joomla fan.
- Video explains the purpose and usage of "robots.txt" in Joomla.
- Robots.txt is a file in the root folder of a Joomla installation.
- Informs search engines which parts of the site to index and which to exclude.
- Used to prevent certain content from being displayed in search results.
- Search engines generally honor the file, but some malicious bots might not.
- General advice: If you don't want something online, don't put it on the internet.
- Demonstrates manual editing of the "robots.txt" file through cPanel and hosting.
- Explains how to allow or disallow access to specific folders for search engines.
- Demonstrates using "MySites Guru" to check and fix the "robots.txt" file.
- Suggests considering how to use "robots.txt" to control site appearance in search results.
- Q&A session with viewers at the end.
Please note that the provided text is a condensed summary and might not include every detail from the original transcript.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY! ► https://goo.gl/N6y5bH
Watch Me Work live streams ► • Find and Replace ...
Here are some of the links mentioned in this Live Stream - and some others:
Joomla Training Cohort ► https://cybersalt.com/jtc
mySites.guru ► https://mysites.guru
MigrateMe 4 ► https://www.php-web-design.
Stageit for Joomla ► • First Look at Sta...
Backing Up Your Joomla Site with Akeeba ► • How to Backup a J...
Better Frontend Link ► https://regularlabs.com/
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! ► @basicjoomla
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ► https://www.facebook.com/