- The video is about changing the PHP version of Joomla sites from PHP 7.0 (which has reached end-of-life) to a newer version.
- The presenter, Tim Davis, hosts a maintenance live stream (#056) for Joomla fans.
- He has received support from over 2030 subscribers.
- Joomla sites using PHP 7.0 receive a notice of its expiration and the need to update due to security patches only being provided for a few more months.
- Changing the PHP version requires accessing the control panel settings of the web hosting account.
- Two common methods are explained: using cPanel's Multi PHP Manager and Multi PHP Any Editor, or selecting PHP version in another hosting company's control panel like cPanel's Select PHP Version.
- Tim demonstrates using cPanel's Multi PHP Manager to change the PHP version for multiple domains and apply the changes.
- After changing the PHP version, refreshing the page removes the PHP warning.
- It's advised to check the compatibility of Joomla extensions and templates before updating PHP.
- Some sites might encounter errors due to outdated templates, which might not be flagged for updates in the Joomla extension updater.
- If errors occur, Tim suggests reverting PHP version, disabling caching, and enabling error reporting to debug issues.
- Another method is demonstrated using cPanel's Select PHP Version icon to change PHP version and settings for a specific domain.
- Tim plans to organize Zoom calls for viewers to share their Joomla experiences, ideas, and tutorials.
- Tim discusses weather conditions with some viewers, mentioning rainy days in Victoria and Kelowna.
- The presenter invites subscribers to engage, subscribe, and participate in future streams.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY! ► https://goo.gl/N6y5bH
Watch Me Work live streams ► • Find and Replace ...
Here are some of the links mentioned in this Live Stream - and some others:
Joomla Training Cohort ► https://cybersalt.com/jtc
mySites.guru ► https://mysites.guru
MigrateMe 4 ► https://www.php-web-design.
Stageit for Joomla ► • First Look at Sta...
Backing Up Your Joomla Site with Akeeba ► • How to Backup a J...
Better Frontend Link ► https://regularlabs.com/
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! ► @basicjoomla
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ► https://www.facebook.com/