- The video discusses an issue with the ".htaccess" file in Joomla websites and its impact.
- The presenter, Tim Davis, recounts an experience where clicking a link led to a YouTube channel instead of the intended article.
- He discovered that a misconfigured rewrite rule in the ".htaccess" file was causing the issue.
- The ".htaccess" file is a configuration file for the Apache web server software and can control various aspects of a website.
- The presenter demonstrates accessing the file through his hosting control panel and editing it to fix the issue.
- He explains the purpose of the rewrite rule, which was redirecting URLs with "YT" to a YouTube channel.
- A comment with a hash "#" can be used to disable lines in the ".htaccess" file.
- The presenter identifies the caching challenge that affected the test process and shows the solution.
- He shares that this experience highlights the importance of checking the ".htaccess" file if unusual issues arise on Joomla websites.
- The video also includes interactions with viewers and additional technical details about the presented topic.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY! ► https://goo.gl/N6y5bH
Watch Me Work live streams ► • Find and Replace ...
Here are some of the links mentioned in this Live Stream - and some others:
Joomla Training Cohort ► https://cybersalt.com/jtc
mySites.guru ► https://mysites.guru
MigrateMe 4 ► https://www.php-web-design.
Stageit for Joomla ► • First Look at Sta...
Backing Up Your Joomla Site with Akeeba ► • How to Backup a J...
Better Frontend Link ► https://regularlabs.com/
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! ► @basicjoomla
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ► https://www.facebook.com/